Announcement for Agronomist Programme Officer for PVH
Development and Partnership in Action (DPA) is a Cambodian NGO, which has been active in Cambodia for over 30 years. DPA tackles issues as diverse as building capacity to community leaders, supporting the grassroots civil society organisations (community based organisations and Agriculture Cooperatives), Gender equality, natural resource management, and adopting to address emerging issues such as climate change, extractive industry, and natural resources. DPA currently has three main programmes: Development Education and Advocacy Programme (DEA), Partnership Programme (PP), and Integrated Community Development Programme (ICD). DPA isnow looking for aqualified Cambodian to fill up the position of Programme Officer (Agronomist). This position is based in Preah Vihear province.
- Be responsible for the capacity building support to partners (Agriculture Cooperatives) in areas of leadership, organizational development, programme and financial management and organic rice production
- Facilitate partners to develop relevant policies/procedures
- Study partner proposals; conduct partner’s project review and present to DPA Project Intake Committee (DPA PIC) for approval
- Conduct monitoring visit regularly and provide close support to the partners
- Report on partner capacity development and growth, funded project to the Programme Manager and PIC members
- Assist Programme Manager to prepare the overall programme proposal, annual operational indicator plan and budget. If needed, meet with potential donors or prepare written responses to their questions regarding the programme.
- Prepare reports (monthly, semi-annual, annual and others once requested) for PP of his/her partners responsible. Ensure that all reports are submitted on time to PP Manager with adequate and well-presented qualitative and quantitative information.
- Provide support related to lobby and advocacy to partners and link them to the relevant provincial and national networks.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- University degree in agronomy
- At least three years experience working with NGOs, preferably in the field of capacity building and funding support to grassroots CNGOs, community based organisations and Agriculture Cooperatives
- Knowledge and experience in advocacy work is an advantage
- Strong leadership and management of programme, finance, capacity development and networking.
- Excellent skills in writing programme reports and project proposals
- Proven ability to network and develop positive inter-organisational relationships.
- High level inter-personal and communication skills
- Sound computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, E-mail and Internet.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English and Khmer.
All interested candidates should submit their CV including three references and cover letter to Ms. Ngeth Darya through email@example.com and Mr. Kuy Sophal through firstname.lastname@example.org or at DPA Office in Phnom Penh (House 69Z, Street 450, Sangkat Toul Tompoung II) no later than 27th January 2017 at 5:00 pm. The detailed job description is available at DPA office in Phnom Penh or DPA Website – http://www.dpacam.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.